Hardwood floors are desired for their elegance, warmth, health benefits, easy maintenance and value (homes with hardwood floors tend to sell faster). Creating your hardwood floors, whether installing new or refinishing existing floors, is an opportunity to bring style into your home.
We have an available assortment of hardwood flooring products to help you achieve the style you want within the budget you have set.
We will work with you to select the best finish products to maximize the characteristics of your wood while providing the look and durability you desire.
Our trained, hardwood installers do a great job of installing new wood next to old wood and making them look as if they were all done at the same time.
We take pride in what we do and set our standards high. You will be able to see this in our quality work.
• Cut from tree as a solid piece of wood
• Plank widths vary from 2-1/4" to about 12"
• Plank thicknesses vary from 7/16" to about 3/4"
• Will react to changes in humidity
• Recommended for above grade installations
• Nail-down installation to a wood type sub floor (plywood)
• Solid wood needs proper expansion allowances along vertical walls
• 3 to 9 wood plies glued & laminated together
• Plank thicknesses vary from 3/8" to about 9/16"
• Top finish veneer may be domestic or exotic wood species
• Plank widths vary from 2-1/4" to about 7"
• Glue, float, staple, or nail-down on all grade levels
• Wood subfloors or dry concrete slabs
• Glueless engineered wood floors install similar to laminate floors
• Dimensionally stable, most may be net fitted to vertical walls
• Less effected by humidity changes than solid wood floors
Hardwood Floors are a stunning feature almost anywhere in your home and are suitable in almost everyplace, from lounges, hallways and bedrooms to kitchens, conservatories and studies. Apart from adding value, they are also generally easier to clean, more hygienic and very long lasting.
The benefits of owning hardwood floors are summed up with the following:
- Added value to your property
- Clean and easy to maintain
- Prevents dust allergies
- High quality
- Long lasting
- Improves with age
- Warm feeling
- Versatile: can be stained, limed and finished with wax, oil or lacquer.
- Can be installed over under floor heating systems.
It’s a simple thing: wood flooring introduces a definite stature and an undeniable charm to any room. And like your grandmother’s oak sideboard, wood floors, just by their nature, become close-to-the-heart and more and more valuable as time goes by.
Wood flooring is timeless. It enhances the warmth of any home and complements the decor of any room. Like a fine piece of furniture, wood flooring increases in value and becomes more beautiful with time. In a national survey, 90 percent of estate agents said that houses with wood flooring sell faster and for more money.
Wood is a natural resource, renewable and recyclable. Buildings, barns, ships and other structures made of wood often find a second life in wood flooring, cabinets, walls and ceilings. And leading allergists agree that wood floors are the perfect choice for a healthy home.
The state-of-the-art technology and almost limitless choices of today's stains, finishes, styles and designs make wood flooring one of the most practical, easy-care and versatile floor coverings today. Maintained properly, wood flooring should never have to be replaced.
Enhance the warmth and beauty of your home with the natural elegance of hardwood flooring.
Cons of Laminate Floors
Price is not always reflective of the quality of flooring. Taking into account the total price of the flooring project is also prudent, according to the World Floor Covering Association. Additional costs can come from such items as furniture removal and replacement, demolition and disposal of the previous floor covering, sub floor preparation and product delivery.